An interview podcast where I, Daniel Filan, interview guests about topics I'm interested in, with the aim of clarifying how the guest understands that topic.
14 September 2023
Episode 12 - Holly Elmore on AI pause
In this episode, I talk to Holly Elmore about her advocacy around AI Pause - encouraging governments to pause the development of more and more powerful AI. Topics we discuss include:
- Why advocate specifically for AI pause?
- What costs of AI pause would be worth it?
- What might AI pause look like?
- What are the realistic downsides of AI pause?
- How the Effective Altruism community relates to AI labs.
- The shift in the alignment community from proving things about alignment to messing around with ML models.
YouTube link (download raw mp3)
Holly on X (twitter)