An interview podcast where I, Daniel Filan, interview guests about topics I'm interested in, with the aim of clarifying how the guest understands that topic.
5 February 2023
Episode 6 - Oliver Habryka on LessWrong and other projects
In this episode I speak with Oliver Habryka, head of Lightcone Infrastructure, the organization that runs the internet forum LessWrong, about his projects in the rationality and existential risk spaces. Topics we talk about include:
- How did LessWrong get revived?
- How good is LessWrong?
- Is there anything that beats essays for making intellectual contributions on the internet?
- Why did the team behind LessWrong pivot to property development?
- What does the FTX situation tell us about the wider LessWrong and Effective Altruism communities?
- What projects could help improve the world’s rationality?
YouTube link (download raw mp3)
Oli on LessWrong
Oli on the EA Forum
Oli on Twitter
An unofficial transcript of this episode